Add a Request
To add a Request to an open case, click on the Request tab (1) and then click on the Add Request button (2).
In the Add Request window, select the Agency (1) and Agency Representative (3) from the picklists. To add a new Agency Representative, click the plus "+" button on the right side of the field and enter the information. Request Date (2) is optional. In the Request Information section (4), only the Service field is required; select a Service from the picklist. Notes can be added in the Requestor and Assignor text boxes in the Notes section (5).
If the Request is related to other case entries such as Evidence, Individual, Offense, SOP, Crime Scene, Investigation or Communication, click the appropriate icon in the lower left-hand corner of the window (6) and select the entity.
When finished, click the Save button (7) to save the Request entry and close the window, Save & Add Another to save this entry and add another Request, or Cancel to cancel this entry.
Once the Request has been added, left-click on it in the grid list and select Edit Request, Add Child Request, Delete Request, Cancel Request, Set Pending, Add Attachments, Show Milestones, or View Final Report to perform one of these actions.
To see where the Request is in relation to its milestones, left-click on the Request in the grid view and select Show Milestones. The Show Milestones window will open with basic information on the milestones (1). For more in-depth information on milestones that have been completed, click the Milestone History button (2).
Click the View Milestone button to return to the main Show Milestones view.
View the Requests List
The Requests list shows all of the active Requests, their status, milestones, and other important information. To view the remaining columns for the Request list, use the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll to the right.
The following columns are included on the Requests tab:
- Request Number - This number is automatically assigned by the application and is not editable.
- Service - The type of Service. Examples include Biological Analysis, PCR Analysis, Controlled Substance Analysis, Computer Forensics, Toxicology, etc.
- Request Status - The current status of the Request. Examples include In Progress and Started.
- Request Date - This is the date the Request was entered into LIMS-plus v5 and is editable when the Request is added or edited.
- Due Date - Due dates can be set to automatically calculate for a specific Service type. The calculation can be either business days or calendar days.
- Analyst - This is the assigned analyst, who will sign the final report.
- Milestone - Each Request has a progression that is marked by milestones.
- Agency - This is the Agency that is requesting the analysis. The Agency must be added via the Agency tab prior to being available as a requesting Agency.
- Agency Representative - This is the Agency Representative that requested the analysis.
- Released Date - Each Service type has a releasable Milestone; when the Milestone is reached, the Request is complete. This date signifies the date the Request was released, if applicable.
- Lab - The Laboratory in which the analyst is located.
- Reason - This is a drop-down list configurable by the Laboratory as a category on the Request. This is also a tailorable label, so this list can be used at the Laboratory's discretion.
- Complexity - This is a drop-down list configurable by the Laboratory as a category on the Request. This is also a tailorable label, so this list can be used at the Laboratory's discretion.
- Related Evidence (# of items) - The number of Evidence items related to the Request.
Grid View vs. Tree View
Requests can be viewed either in the Grid View (as seen in the images above), or in Tree View where Requests are listed with Request Number and Service columns showing.
Hovering the mouse over an individual Request in Tree View will show the remaining columns in a summary view. Just as in Grid View, left-click on a Request and select one of the commands on the menu to perform that task.
Export or Print the List of Requests for a Case
To export the list of Requests for a case to HTML or Excel, or to print the list, click on the Export icon.
The list of Requests will appear in HTML format on a separate web page. From there, click the Print button to print the list, or click the Export to Excel button to perform that task. If the Export to Excel feature is used and the user has Excel installed on the computer, there will be an option to open the list in Excel. Otherwise, the file can be saved as an XMLReport.csv file.