The new Case Import form was released with the LIMS-plus v.3.7.23. This version of the preloginterface.exe and any future versions will not work with any older versions of the mail reader. In order to access the case import, the user will need to be logged in to LIMS-plus and go to File, Accept Evidence. The user must have permission to Case- Add Case or Case- Edit Existing Case.
View the Import Queue
After logging in to LIMS-plus and going to File> Accept Evidence, the user is presented with the Case Import Queue. All import files that have been processed by the mail reader will appear in the queue until they have been imported into LIMS-plus.
To start the import process, double-click a case or scan the ACN bar code.
Users can easily identify new cases vs. existing cases in the queue. New cases will not have a Lab Case Number listed and existing cases will have the lab case number listed with that record in the queue.
If the agency/acn is located on more than one lab case number, the same submission will be listed in the queue for each lab case number (even though it is still only one submission to import). The user can choose any of these cases to update. When accepting to LIMS-plus, if the lab option “Allow Duplicate ACN Across Multiple Lab Cases," the user will be given the option to update that existing lab case number or create a new lab case number.
Checking for Submitting Agency
The first thing the application will do after selecting the case from the queue is to check to see if the Agency exists in LIMS-plus. You cannot import a case without having an the Agency in LIMS-plus.
The process the application will go through is the following:
1. If an ORI is present, does the ORI match an ORI in LIMS-plus? If yes, it uses that agency, if the ORI is present and it doesn’t match one in LIMS-plus, the dialog to add a new agency will pop-up.
2. If an ORI is not present, does the agency name match an agency.agc_name in LIMS-plus? If the ORI is not present and it does match a name in LIMS-plus, it will use that agency. If the ORI is not present and the agency name does not match one found in LIMS-plus , the dialog to add a new agency will pop-up.
3. If application does not recognize the Agency and the user does not have permission to add an Agency, the user may select an existing Agency (in case the agency was just misspelled or inadvertently not recognized). However, if the user tries to Add a New Agency, a message is presented to the user does not have permission to Add an Agency, when the user clicks OK, the application will close and the case will go back in the queue.
Checking for Submitting Agency Rep
Once the application has checked for and found an Agency, the application will search for the Rep.
If the Agency is new, the user must also enter a new Rep for that Agency. If user does not have permission to add the Agency Rep, when the user clicks to Add Agency Rep a message will be presented that the user does not have permission to add an agency rep , when the user clicks OK, no evidence items or requests will be loaded into the case import.
If the Agency was found and the import contains an evidence item or a request, a submitting rep is required. The process for finding an existing Agency Rep is as follows:
1. If the badge number is present, does it match a badge number in LIMS-plus? If yes, it will use that Agency Rep, if a badge number is present and it does not match one in LIMS-plus, the dialog to add a new rep will pop-up.
2. If the badge number is not present, does the last name/first name match an agency rep in LIMS-plus? If yes, use that agency rep, if badge number is not present and the last name/first name does not match one in LIMS-plus, the dialog to add a new rep will pop-up.
3. If user does not have permission to add the Agency Rep, the user will be able to choose an existing rep in that agency. However, when the user clicks to Add Agency Rep, a message will be presented that the user does not have permission to add an agency rep, when the user clicks OK, no evidence items or requests will be loaded into the case import.
4. If the rep’s name is found more than once in the agency, the user is able to choose from an existing or add a new rep.
Checking for Existing Offense
If the offense does not match an existing offense in LIMS-plus, the offense cannot be loaded into the application. The Offense cannot be added to the list of offenses from within the Case Import.
The process for finding an offense is as follows:
1. If the offense code exists, does it match an offense code in LIMS-plus? If yes, use that offense. If no, go to Step 2.
2. If the offense code does not exist or it does not match an offense code in LIMS-plus, does the description match an offense description in LIMS-plus? If yes, use that offense, if no, the user is presented with a message that the offense does not exist in
LIMS-plus and the offense cannot be loaded into the Case Import Form.
Checking for Existing Service
If the service does not match an existing service in LIMS-plus, the service cannot be loaded into the application.
The process for finding a service is as follows:
1. Does the service name match a service name in LIMS-plus? If yes, use that service.
2. If the service name does not match a service name in LIMS-plus, the user is presented with a message that the service does not exist in LIMS
3. If the service is found more than once, it will choose the first one (this is legacy and was not changed; it does not look at department and service name).
Setting the Chain of Custody
The case import form will list all of the entities that are being imported under this particular submission that were allowed to be loaded.
The top area of the form is uses to enter the chain of custody information for any evidence items being submitted. This acts the same as a new evidence item submitted from within LIMS-plus.
Reviewing Case Data
The middle portion allows you to scan an existing bar code for an evidence item to automatically check the box to accept. The bottom portion contains all of the information for this import.
NOTE: New Information is presented to the user in bold, existing information is under the new details in gray and italics. This allows users to see what has already been entered on this case to avoid duplication.
Check the check boxes next to the data you wish to import. To change any of the information, click the Details link. Relationships between entities can be set by clicking the appropriate Relationships link.
Accepting the Case Data
Once the selections are made, press the Accept button. Follow the prompts and respond accordingly to the questions about the information to complete the process. A success message will be presented once the case has been created or updated.
If you want to import another case, click the Import Another Case button.
The Exit button will exit the PrelogInterface.exe.
The Clear button will clear the Case Import Form and activate the “Import Another Case” button.