LIMS-plus v3x does not have a dedicated communications log. Instead, many customers record communications as activities at the case or request level.
Activities can be added at the case or request level. To enter a communication at the case level, right-click with the Case Info tab active and select Case Activities.
Add a Communication as an Activity
1. Click the Add button.
2. In the activities screen, add information about the communication. Start by selecting an activity type of communication.
3. The sub-activity is used to record the type of communication.
4. Enter when the communication happened and how long it took.
5. Provide details of the communication.
Adding a Communication at the Request Level
1. To enter a communication at the request level, select a request on the request tab.
2. Right-click and select Activities.
Request Level Communication Details
Details of a request level communication are entered the same as case level.
Communication Summary Screen
A summary of all communications can be seen by viewing the activities screen. Note that request specific communications appear related to the request node.
Viewing or Printing the Communication Log
A detailed communication log can be viewed on screen or printed to a printer by pressing the print button on the activities summary screen. Since this is a Crystal Report, it can be customized to have the information and format you desire.