Unable to connect to LIMS-Plus 3.x after workstation received Windows XP SP2 upgrade.
Users who are attempting to launch the LIMS-Plus 3.x application after receiving the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Upgrade.
After receiving the Windows XP Service Pack 2 upgrade on my workstation, I am no longer able to launch JusticeTrax.
I am unable to launch JusticeTrax. Recently, my computer received windows updates. What happened?
Unable to successfully launch the LIMS-Plus 3.x application on a workstation that just received Windows XP SP2 upgrade.
This will only occur when laboratory workstations have the Windows Firewall Service service enabled. Each laboratory may use different security policies that involve the use of one or more hardware firewall devices (i.e Cisco PIX, Watchguard XTM/UTM etc..). This article does NOT apply to instances where a hardware firewall device is in use. Typically when a hardware based firewall is implemented, the Windows Firewall Service is disabled.
By default, Windows Firewall is enabled on computers that are running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2.
SQL Server clients (i.e LIMS-Plus users) that are trying to connect to SQL Server (LIMS database) will not be able to connect until SQL Server is set as an exception in Windows Firewall.
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type Firewall.cpl, and then click OK.
3. In the Windows Firewall dialog box, click Add a Program on the Exceptions tab.
4. In the Add Program dialog box, you can select an instance of SQL Server or you can click the Browse button to locate the instance of SQL Server that you want to add to the exception list.
5. Select the name of the instance, and then click OK.
6. Under Programs and Services, select the check box that is next to the name you selected in step 6, and then click OK.
For more details regarding the Windows Firewall Service and its relationship to Windows XP Service Pack 2, click the following link.